The Establishment of our Learning Outcomes
The EMPA Network is an important external stakeholder in monitoring the quality of the different partner universities. During the meeting of 2014 in the University of Limerick it was decided to establish a framework of learning outcomes to guarantee the consistency of quality assurance of the different programmes.
- DLR 1. Students know and understand the disciplinary knowledge and state-of-the-art theory specific to public administration, public management and/or public policy analysis in Europe.
- DLR 2. Students acquire an interdisciplinary approach through understanding the meaning and role of different related disciplines for the field of public administration, public management and/or public policy analysis in Europe.
- DLR 3. Students can analyse and reflect upon societal and political phenomena and developments in the public sector in Europe.
- DLR 4. Students can analyse the process and actors of policy making in Europe at different levels of governance.
- DLR 5. Students can identify and critically reflect upon public sector structures and political processes within Europe.
- DLR 6. Students can use their advanced knowledge and understanding of public administration, public management and/or public policy analysis in Europe to make a scientific contribution in a professional or academic context.
- DLR 7. Students can independently apply fundamental and comparative research methods of the social sciences.
- DLR 8. Students can independently prepare and complete a research project according to scientific criteria to make their own creative and scientific contribution to the disciplinary knowledge of public administration, public management and/or public policy analysis.
- DLR 9. Students can communicate clearly and unambiguously, through oral presentations or written reports to different stakeholders.
- DLR 10. Students have the intellectual maturity and skills to function responsibly and independently in a professional or academic context.